Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Verisimilitude (Is that a UFO.?)



Time: Dusk
Venue: Metro station (Take any!)
Participants: Stable Nerd and the Little Wench
Situation: Sitting on the bench small raise next to the railings


Nerd: You know this was the 6th metro we just missed?
Wench: *without looking* Were you counting.?
Nerd: I don’t know.

5 minutes of silence later...

Nerd: So what have you been doing off late? What’s up?
Wench: *looking at another metro passing by* Don’t you think you’re a little too late to ask me that now.?
Nerd: I don’t know.

7 minutes later…

Wench: *intently looks at him* Nerd, tell me something interesting. Something nice!
Nerd: Urmm..okay. Do you know how touch screen phones work?
Wench: No, tell me.
Nerd: See, so it’s a simple underlying theory. It’s basically…
Wench: When exactly are you going to ask me out.?
Nerd: What?
Wench *smilingly* Do you want me to repeat the question.?
Nerd: No, no. Well, to that, I don’t know.
Wench: Okay.

3 minutes of silence later…

Nerd: Why would you even ask me such a question?
Wench: Well, it looks like it. You have that nervous-inquisitive look on your face when around.
Nerd: So you want me to ask you out?
Wench: Nope.
Nerd: Then why would you ask such a question?
Wench: Oh, I was curious.  

p.s: What is Little Wench's 2nd most favourite thing after hope? Dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment